This beautiful card is mostly a CASE from Tami White. I just made a new minor changes which I describe below.
Beautiful idea, Tami!
This is another of the Serene Scenery cards that we will be making in my March 25th class.
- The trick to getting the "white" on the lighthouse is to cut the Serene Scenery Designer paper so that you end up stamping on the whiter portion of the paper. Tami stamped on a blue portion of the paper and had to paint hers white with a Blender Pen and the white Kraft Reinker. When I tried doing that, my paper was a big mess. Stamping over the portion of the paper that is already white is definitely easy and gets just the effect that you want to have!
- I added the light beam and the birds and changed the saying.
- Tami did a very clever thing with the grass. After she stamped the main grass in Always Artichoke, she added the sprouts of grass in the same color. Then she added some black sprouts of grass that you can't even really see. But it adds some depth to the grass that looks great!
- Stamp the lighthouse first in black.
- Then stamp the two step part of the lighthouse in Real Red. Except...tap the very top of the stamp in black so that the top of the lighthouse is black.
- I taped the ends of the Linen Thread to the back of the card.
I've listed the products that you will need to have in order to make this card.
When you're ready to shop, click on any picture to go straight to my online store!
Please e-mail me if you have any questions or feedback.
Thank you for stopping by!