Happy Valentine's Day!
I was inspired by Stampin' Up!'s Stampin' Success Magazine that arrived today.
I designed these cards in an attempt to make a set of cards that is simple to make.
I used the 2011-2013 set of In Colors.
Each card is designed exactly the same way.
The sayings out of Friendly Phrases work well for this gift set.
The focal point on each card looks like this.
Only the sayings change.
Here are all five colors from the 2011-2013 In Color Collection.
And then I designed a holder for the set of five cards and envelopes.
- Sets: #123759 Papillon Potpourri pg 115; #126151 Friendly Phrases pg 137;
- Card Stock:#107331 Note Cards & Envelopes (20 of ea in the pkg) size-3 1/2"x 5";
- #122933 2011-2013 Card Stock & Pad Kit pg 152 : This inlcudes 5 Classic pads and 4 ea of the 5 in colors in this set.
- #127540 Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper- Sale-a-Bration FREE with a $50 subtotal order; This piece is 2"x 4 1/2".
- #119247 Pearl Basic Jewels pg 175 (150 count);
- Punches: #119854 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch and #118874 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punches pg 184; #127526 Elegant Butterfly Punch pg 184; #127811 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch pg 36 Spring Catalog; #119882 Scallop Edge Border Punch pg 183 (I started with a 4 1/2"x 2 1/2" piece of white card stock before punching each side.) NOTE: If you are only making the cards, then you do not need the last two punches that are listed here.
- OPT: Big Shot: #117335 Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder pg 188;
This gift card holder is almost the same as the one that designed last week. Just a few adjustments.
- Start with a 5 1/4"x 8 1/4" piece of card stock.
- Score the 1/2" from each side of the longer sides-the same as in the sample below.
- When you start scoring across the 5 1/4" side, score at 2 3/4" and 3 1/4" instead of the 3" and 3 1/2"that you see in the picture.
- You still make the little score marks at 6".
- Cut out the two corners that have solid marks around them as you see in the picture below at the right side of the picture. Fold on the score marks.
- Add Sticky Strip and assemble.
The picture below is not the one to follow. The adjustments that you need to make are listed above. But this gives you the idea of what you are doing anyway.
Please e-mail me if you have any questions.
Thank you for stopping by!