I received this Christmas Card from Robin Castagnola and just had to sit down and figure out how she made it. I ended up calling because I couldn't figure out which punch she used for the top of the shoes!
Robin got this idea from Becky Robert's blog last year and then Corie Utley added the glimmer toes and made the shoe toppers a little bigger.
How cute it this!
Click here for a .pdf tutorial or you can look at the instructions at the end of this post.
I took a few pictures as I made one myself so that you could see how she did it.
1. Cut out a Cherry Cobbler Top Note piece and cut it in half and then into quarters. So this top note piece would make two sets of shoes if I had cut both sides in half.
3. Run a 3 3/4"x 5" piece of Very Vanilla c/s through the Big Shot using an embossing folder of your choic. The one that Robin used is retired, but you can find one that works, I'm sure.Was this one called Snowburst?
4. Cut two 2 1/4"x 5/8" "Stockings" out of the Festive Paper Pack and slip them under the shoes.
6. Tie a little knot of Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon and add to the shoe toppers with a mini Glue dot.
7. Punch out two 1/2" Silver Glimmer card stock circles to add to the tips of the shoes.
8. Punch out one Gumball Green oval scallop.
9. Stamp "Merry Christmas" from Perfect Pairs onto Vanilla and punch that out with the Large Oval Punch.
10. Layer these and add them to the card!
Thank you to all three of you ladies for this delightful Christmas card!
Thank you for stopping by!