I saw this on Pinterest last night and just had to make it.
Wouldn't this make the cutest card for someone who loves oreos?
This would also make a cute teacher gift. Simply change the greeting to "Thank you".
You'll have to tell me if you like the all chocolate version or if you prefer the white scallop oval to pop out the saying.
The first cookie has a few retired products on it. The second one is totally current.
Okay. Here is the version with the white scallop oval.
And here is the version that is totally chocolate.
When you open it up, here is what it looks like.
- Set: #120501 Fabulous Phrases pg 133;
- Card Stocks: Early Espresso and Whisper White pg 156;
- Bigz Dies: #113468 Scallop Circle Bigz pg 193; #1218113 1/2" Circle Originals for the inside part of the cookie pg 193; (I used the Retired Clear Circle Biz Die which is 3 3/4" for the top and for the inside. Of course, if you have a circle cutter, you could just cut a 3 3/4" circle out of both the Espresso top layer. I actually like the 3 1/2" white circle inside -you'll see it below.)
- Punches: #119856 Scallop Oval pg 184 (if you like the white pop to it); #119855 Large Oval pg 184; I punched the word "Sweet" on Espresso and punched it out with the retired small oval punch) Then I layered it onto the #119855 Large Espresso Oval pg 184;
- #127819 Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder (Holiday Catalog) pg 6;
- Accessories: #119741 Metallic Brads pg 174;
Now here is the version that uses all current products. There is no Clear Circle on top of the cookie. Plus I eliminated the small oval punch for the word.
Here I used the 3 1/2" circle for the white inside. I like this size better than the one that I first cut.
Notes: I think that it is pretty obvious what I did, but in case it isn't.
- In the first sample I ran the Espresso retired Clear Bigz Circle through the Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder and added it to the Scallop circle;
- In the second sample, I ran the entire Scallop Circle through the Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder and eliminated the small oval punch for the word.
If you have a minute, let me know if you like the all chocolate top or the one with the white scallop oval.
You can e-mail me here.
Thank you for stopping by!