Happy Birthday to Barbara Thomas! She is in my Wednesday night Stamp Club and has been a customer and friend for many years...a very talented stamper!
A lady called me yesterday looking for a train stamp. Since we do not currently have one in our catalog I google "punch art train" and found one that Chanda Stehik had "borrowed" from Beth Beard. So here is my version of it.
Once I had all of the sizes of card stock and punches figured out, the second card went together pretty quickly.
Assembley line, with friends, would be the way to go if you were making these for invitations. Then it would be a lot of fun and you could finish in an evening!
- Card Stocks: Real Red, Gumball Green, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight and Bashful Blue pg 153-156;
- Punches:#119858 Boho Blossoms pg 185;#119873 3/4" Circle pg 184; #119869 1/2" Circle pg 185; #120906 2 1/2" Circle Punch pg 185; #119857 Word Window pg 183; #124094 1" square pg 183;#127811 1 1/4" Scallop Circle pg 7 Holiday Catalog; Spiral Punch (Retired-railroad track); #120907 Decorative Label Punch pg; #126883 Ticket Duo Builder pg 182;
- Big Shot: #117335 Polka Dots Embossing Folder pg 189; Timeless Type Junior Alphabet & Numbers (retired);182;
Here is a picture of what the train looks like before you add the wheels and extras.
- Engine: 2 1/2" wide x 1 1/2" high. Stick the c/s down into the 2 1/2" circle punch like you see in the picture below and punch to create the rounded front. After you have punched the "front of the train", then cut the width down to 2".
- Center car: Daffodil-1 1/2" wide x 1 3/8" high; Gumball Grn-1 3/8" wide x 1 1/4" high;
- Coal Car: Black- 1 3/8" wide x 1" high. Mark the bottom of the black c/s in 1/4" from each of the bottom sides and cut the coal car at the angle like you see in the picture. Add the Daffodil Word Window to the top and cut off the ends. Use the end of the Decorative label punch for the 'coal".
- Rail Road Track: 1"x 5 1/4";
- Smoke Stack is a Word Window Punch piece cut down;
- Train cab: 1" sq of Daffodil, a 1/2" sq of Gumball, and a 1/4"x 1 1/8" piece of Red c/s for the top of the cab;
- Coupler: 1/8"x 3" strip that goes behind all three cars;
If you have nice hand writiing, you could use a white gel pen to write the person's name into the black c/s on the engine.
If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me.
Thank you for stopping by!