Last week I was trying to figure out a fun little gift that I could give to my hostess and I decided to design a step card. It has been awhile since I have worked with this idea.
Okay! This was a lot of fun!
We will be making this card in my July Stamp Clubs.
Here is a side view.
And here is a pattern that shows you how to score and cut the card stock.
- Set: #126442 Blooming with Kindness pg 87;
- Card Stocks: Real Red and Whisper White pg 153 and 156;
- Ink: Real Red pg 153;
- Big Shot: #121812 Fun Flowers Bigz L pg 193; #117335 Perfect Polka Dots Folder pg 189; #127749 Chevron Embossing Folder pg 189; #119227 Elegant Lines Emb Folder (butterfly) pg 189;
- Punch: #127526 Elegant Butterfly pg 184;
- Accessories: #119247 Pearl Basic Jewels pg 175;
- #122334 Siimply Scored Scoring Tool (to make the envelope and to score the card)
- #125586 Diagonal Scoring Plate pg 181;
- I used the Polka Dot Embossing Folder on the red flowers and the red centers of the flowers. I used the Elegant Lines Emb Folder on the butterfly.
- The Whisper White piece across the bottom is 1"x 5 1/2" (BE SURE TO STAMP THE GREETING BEFORE YOU EMBOSS THE CARD STOCK).
- The Whisper White pieces on each side are 1"x 3 1/4"(I actually cut the length down by 1/16" of an inch because the 3 1/4" is a tiny bit too long.)
- Make sure that you put the white side pieces into the Chevron Emb Folder so that the design will be going to the same direction as it does across the bottom white piece.
- Oh, you will need to make your own envelope for this card. The card measures 5 1/2" wide x 5" tall.
- For the envelope: Start with a 9 1/2" square piece of c/s. Using the Diagonal Scoring Plate, Score at 4 1/4" on three sides and 3 3/8" on the fourth side. It's perfect!
Please send me a picture of your step card if this inspires you to create your own!
Need supplies to make this card? Click here to place an on-line order.
Thank you for stopping by!