This idea was inspired by Patty Bennett's post yesterday.
I know that I said I would share a tutorial for the box that I showed you yesterday. However, today I had to get ready for my local downline meeting tonight, so I worked on Easter ideas all day. So sorry about that!
So here is my little "Chick Box".
There is a quick tutorial for this after the first two pictures.
The finished size of this box is 2 1/2"long (the front) and 1 1/2" wide (the sides).
It's adorable, FAST, and just perfect for a co-worker's desk or a lot of other people who I can think of!
Here is the back.
Here is a quick tutorial followed by the supplies.
Cut out one Square Scallop using the Bigz Die. Score at "TWO SCALLOPS" in one direction.
Turn the square and score at "THREE SCALLOPS" in the other direction.
HOW YOU CUT THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!
Cut in from the sides that have the "THREE SCALLOPS". Cut from the edge up to the first score line . Cut in this manner on the two opposite sides of the scallop.
Then add Sticky Strip like this on two of the flaps at one end.
Adhere these flaps. Add more Sticky Strip like you see below. Then close up the box.
Make sure that you add the "CHICK" to the side where the flaps on the side are folded back from the front.. You want the front side to look smooth. I hope that makes sense!
- Set: #122707 Everybunny pg 48 $19.95 (c)
- Card Stock: Wisteria Wonder, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White pg 176-180;
- Ink: #101406 Jet Black StazOn Pad pg 203 $7.95; #119677 Daffodil Delight Marker pg 177 $3.50; #105216 Pumplin Pie Classic Pad pg 177 (I used this with the blender pen):
- Punches: #119854 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch pg 210 $$16.95; #119860 1 3/8" Circle Punch pg 212, $15.95; #119849 Modern Label Punch pt 209 $16.95 (for the saying);
- Big Shot: #117335 Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder pg 219 $7.95; #115950 pg 223 $21.95; #115953 Punch Windows (set of 4) pg 221 $29.95 (This is used in conjuction with the Movers & Shapers Bigz Die #114506 $42.95);
- Accessories: #102845 Blender Pens pg 203 (set of 3) $9.95; #104294 Sticky Strip pg 206 $6.95; #122334 Simply Scored Tool pg 16 Occasions Mini $29.95;
Note: I used Sticky Strip to put the box together, to adhere the Daffodil scallop to the front, and to add the Punch Window piece on the back.
Please e-mail me if you have any questions or if I can help you in any way.
Thank you for stopping by!