Recently I posted a favorite idea from my Leadership Trades created by Karen Duke.
I want my Stamp Clubs to be able to make ithis card this week, but I don't have enough Concord Crush DSP for everyone. So I decided to see if I could find an alternate color scheme that also pops!
Here is Karen's card, which I love!
And here is my card with new color scheme with Tempting Turquoise, Sahara Sand and Black.
I don't have the cute Party This Way Sale-a-Bration set that Karen used so I subsituted something that I had.
- Set: #111664 On Your Birthdy pg 163 (set of 12) $33.95 (I used a marker because I didn't want the little dots underneath the words)
- Card Stocks: Basic Black, Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie and #117155 Brights Collection Paper Stacks pg 186 $21.95(40 shts); #117157 Neutrals Pper Stack pg 187 $21.95 (for the hat);
- Ink: Basic Black Ink pg 180;
- Punches: #118074 Owl Builder Punch pg 213 $16.95; #119873 3/4" Circle Punch pg 212 $10.95; #119881 Three Heart Punch (The largest heart cut in half works great for the arms!)
- Accessories; #124145 Basic Black 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon 195 $7.95;
Notes: I mounted the owl and the balloons with dimensionals. I drew the balloon strings in by hand. The little black part of the eyes is from the owl punch. I put them through the Xyron machine before i attached them. Punch the owl a second time to get the Pumpkin feet. The black c/s in the center of the card is 3" wide by 3 3/4" long.
Who knows! Maybe you'll come up with yet another cute color combination for this design!!
If you do, Please e-mail me a copy of it!!!
Thank you for stopping by!