If I were a song writer, this would make a great country western song! And maybe Stampin' up! would ask me to perform it at Leadership in Nashville! Maybe one of you can write it and perform it for us!!!!
Last night the ladies in my Tuesday night stamp club and I were having a challenging time getting the Candy Wrapper Bigz Die to twist on the ends!
Frustrated would be an appropriate description of our experience with this project!
With a little help from one of the club members, Mari, and a little more experimenting on my own, I have figured out a pretty easy way to get the Bigz Die to perform properly! (Maybe if I had just read the Stampin' Up! directions better, I would have been okay, too:)
!. As soon as you have cut it, Fold ALL of the folds well, even the diagonal ones on two of the sides. The diagonals go in two directions on each side so make sure that they are all well creased.
2. Run the Candy Wrapper through an embossing folder (if you are going to) AFTER you crease all of the folds.
3. This next photo is not focused (?) but you will get the idea. Add the sticky strip to the small fold found on one end of the Candy Wrapper. Fold the little flap under. Fold the Candy Wrapper in half and simply lay down one of the sides on top of the other. It is a perfect match.
4. Pinch the ends together and then push them in toward the center of the box. This is a very important step.
5. Now you SHOULD be able to gently twist the ends. HOWEVER, if you cannot....If you have the ends pinched together in ONE DIRECTION and they are not twisting well...
6. The last step that a stamp club member, Mary, added last night that will really make a big difference is to put your fingers into all 4 sides of the flaps on each end and then fan the card stock around.
I am not kidding....I have gone from being so frustrated LAST NIGHT and deciding that I was just going to have to put brads in the ends (which is cute, too) to pretty happy TONIGHT as I sat down and popped out three of these with very little struggle in anticipation of my second Stamp Club coming in about a half an hour!
What do you think? It is not 100% absolutely perfect, but I it is pretty good!!
If you are still stumped, come on by if you live close to me:). We'll make on together!!
#120890 Candy Wrapper Bigz Die page 10 Holiday Mini $32.95 and the #120889 Spider Web Embossing folder page 6 Holiday Mini $7.95
Please e-mail me if I can help you in any way.
Let me know if you were successfully able to make one of these awesome little treats!
Thank you for stopping by!